[BETA] Version 18.104.22.168: Microsoft Store support!
- Microsoft Store applications support: you can now add to your library any Microsoft Store games and benefit features offered for any other games!
- Microsoft Store scanner: automatically finds your Microsoft Store games. Requires Internet connectivity.
- Platforms: Nintendo DS (DeSmuMe, RetroArch) and Nintendo 3DS (citra) have been added to the emulable platforms list.
- Sorting names: for a given game, you can set a name to use when sorting by name, different from the one being displayed.
- Process to monitor: you can now tell GameRoom which executable file should be monitored to compute play time while starting your game from a different one.
- Search button: there is now a search button in the left menu, open the same search field as Ctrl+F did.
- Delete wallpaper: simple option to remove/set no wallpaper.
- Invalid games: warns you when a game has been deleted or moved. This can be disabled in the UI options of the left panel.
- More variables for pre/post commands.
Various help messages.
- There is now a cooldown between two games’ executions. You can double-click safely!
- Sorting and grouping options are now saved and restored when starting GameRoom.
- .png files are supported for covers and wallpapers
- Icons fetched from Windows Explorer for files and folders are now in higher resolution and correctly cropped.
- Settings now load faster
- If some games could not be scraped because of a network error, a window gives the choice to try again
- Some texts
- A rare issue where GameRoom would crash after seconds.
- Some games not detected with UPlay scanners.
- A crash in Edit scenes.
- Selected Steam account not shown as Selected.
- Games again start in the parent directory. Fixes various issues with cemu.
- Non-matching icons in Material Teal theme.
- Games not launching in some rare folders architecture.
- Wrong path displayed in the Ignored Entries manager.
- An issue where games might still display as ‘to add’ after a restart.
- The empty library message being wrongly displayed sometimes.
- A link to a missing .exe file could still be considered as a potential game.
- A DB related issue where GameRoom would not start without admin rights.
[BETA] Version 22.214.171.124: Emulators, controllers and more !
Glad to finally publish this update after working on it for months! Also, please update before 26.10.2017, or you won’t be able to fetch info and pictures of your games anymore
- Emulators support ! With the supporter key, you can add your ROMs as you would for other games, and configure the emulator to use for each platform !
- GameRoom can now detect your ROMs as it would scan your games !
- Multiple games folders support : you are no more limited to one Games Folder, but as much as you want !
- You can now specify a different folder to save your data/library to. When installing this update you will be asked to set one. You can either keep the actual one or change it to your liking, GameRoom will migrate your data if necessary.
- Platforms and DLCs filter when searching a game on IGDB.
- Anonymous statistics reports for development purposes only (please read ToS when installing). Nothing is being sold/transferred/viewed by anyone else than the GameRoom team. But you can of course (and simply) opt-out if you wish !
- An exit button, and an exit dialog to exit in fullscreen.
An option to make covers keep their aspect ratio if they are far from the standard one.
- Controller support ! You can now select which controller to use and navigate using joysticks. Also, detection of controllers has been improved, (un)plugging controllers now works as expected.
- Presentation of Developers/Publishers and Series : you can now select from a list of Companies/Series that GameRoom already knows about.
- Removed the “Monitor again” popup.
- Added some quick explanations for the software’s first execution.
- Name matching to get more accurate info about your games.
- Themes for supporter, to be compatible with this update.
- Better display of explanation tooltips.
- Embedded JRE version
- Window’s position and dimensions not correctly restored.
- Toasts not showing in some cases, or at an incorrect position.
- An issue where a game would become blank.
- Some UI crashes.
- Game launched again in some cases when opening GameRoom after it was minimized.
- Activation process for supporters, no need to deactivate the key if you reinstall the software.
- Admin mode not working for some games.
- Monitoring of games’ playtime not working in some cases.
- Some commands to be executed after a game stopped did not work as expected.
- Arguments that could be erased in some cases.
- Controller not working if plugged after starting GameRoom.
- Controller not working in dialogs.
- Mouse displaying while using a controller, in rare cases.
- Scanning process not scraping some games sometimes
[BETA] Version 126.96.36.199: various fixes
- An option to allow a game to run as administrator
- German translation (thanks to itz_felix !)
- An issue that occured when a game was unknown to IGDB. This would make the whole scraping queue fail or map incorrectly informations to games.
- An issue when a Company’s name was incorrectly
- Image memory management, reducing RAM usage.
[BETA] Version 188.8.131.52: small fixes
- Some uncatched console errors
- Reduced number of games to be scraped together, avoiding overflow
- Game not starting in rare cases
- Launch args not saved in rare cases
- Improved internal logging
- Description of Supporter Key and its price
[BETA] Version 184.108.40.206: UI revisited
- Wallpaper ! Choose a wallpaper for GameRoom among your images (Supporter Key only)
- Selection of Steam profile to scan
- Toolbar has been replaced by a more streamlined sidebar, which includes a navigation drawer.
- This sidebar can optionnaly appear only on mouse hover, and is resizable
- When loading games, screenshots are being displayed
- Some icons to match the new UI
- Removed stage’s borders
- Search is now performed by pressing Ctrl + F
- Removed shortcut F9 to hide top panes, this is now an option in the sidebar
- Removed shortcut F10 to hide toolbar, no longer relevant
- “Add” button no longer display a hideous dialog
- Removed some known (non-game) apps’ name proposed when looking for an executable
- Bundled jre
- Packaging of the app, which is now pinnable to the taskbar, has a correct transparent icon and appears only as “GameRoom” in your task manager.
- Fields for play time are now more input-tolerant
- Smoother switch to fullscreen
- Roaming folder filled with temp scripts not deleted
- Naming issue with some Steam games and special chars
- Monitoring issues with Steam games, especially post commands execution
- An issue where a deleted game could appear on restart
- An issue that would not allow the user to open a game’s details (thanks to @Fhhk)
- Saving issue when edited an entry with no background
[BETA] Version 220.127.116.11 : fixes
- Covers not updated when searching with IGDB
- Post commands not executed for Steam Games in some cases
- Play time incorrectly displayed when updated
- Better error messages in case of errors with IGDB
- Should fix an issue that caused very big libraries (300+) to be unscraped
- Bundled jre
[BETA] Version 18.104.22.168: to the BETA!
With this update, GameRoom is now in its Beta state. This means that it has a correct stability to be broadcasted to a wider public. Thanks for your support and help!
* New theme : Material Design, with a Teal flavour
* Application selector : instead of manually browsing for a game’s executable, pick it from a list of potential executables
* An “updating” icon on games being scraped
* Choice of the scan’s frequency
* Button to manually scan for games
* Option to enable/disable game scanners. Displayed at first launch and available in settings
* Option to group games by launchers
* Toasts (like in Android) to give more feedback on what is going on in background. Can be disabled
* Shortcut (F9) to disable top panes
* Option to disable the scrollbar in fullscreen
* Automatic update search
- Steam, Origin and Battle.net scanner are now way more robust
- Scanning process is now less CPU intensive and complex, requiring less requests. Should be at least 2x faster
- Scanning now adds game when found, not by blocks as before
- More components are now themable
- Updated included themes to support those components
- Non installed Steam games are now launched as installed ones. This still triggers installation
- Welcome message
- Ranking algorithm to scrap soundtracks
- Themes versioning
- Install and uninstall scripts
- Folder scanning is faster
- Soundtrack are now paused when a game starts
- Steam games are also monitored now, and their playtimes are synced with Steam later (as before)
- Name cleaning for games, ensures better scraping too
- An issue where a game’s launcher was incorrectly set
- The Game Folder chooser being behing dialogs
- Graphic error on the default play button
- A threading issue while reloading a game button
- “addAll” stuck with a cover being empty
- A scaling issue
- GOG.com scanner detecting invalid games or DLCs
- Soundtrack not being played at first
- Soundtracks not ranked before being chosen automatically
- Some UI issues with “selectors”
- Some scraped infos not being saved
- Background image not scaling correctly
- An issue when doing a research twice
- A logging issue with pre and post commands
- An issue when hiding GameRoom after starting a game and reopening it would start the game again
- Editing a path and then trying to open its folder would open previous folder
- Soundtrack would continue playing on Main screen in rare cases
- Some Steam games would not appear as “last played”